The Florida Department of Health (DOH) now reviews your continuing education (CE) records in the DOH’s electronic tracking system, powered by CE Broker, at the time of license renewal. It will happen automatically when you renew your license. It is mandatory that all Florida licensed dentists renew their license through CE Broker for the 2016-2018 biennium by midnight on Feb. 28, 2018.
1. You must have 30 hours of CE to renew.
- 28 general hours, which include 2 hours of Domestic Violence and no more than 3 hours of practice management
- 2 hours of Medical Errors
2. NEW! Mandatory Survey. You must complete the mandatory telehealth survey when renewing your license. No license will be issued without this mandatory survey being completed!
3. First Year Renewing? If this is the first year renewing your license, you must have an additional 2 hours of HIV/AIDS along with the 30 hours of CE to renew your license.
4. CPR Certification. Along with the 30 hours needed to renew, you must have an up-to-date CPR certificate reported. You do not need to upload your CPR certificate to CE Broker. You will simply select that you have an updated certificate prior to renewing your license.
5. CE Credit Category. When reporting your CE credit, each type of CE credit, such as Domestic Violence, Medical Errors, HIV/AIDS, etc. must be reported in the correct category.
6. CE Provider. CE credit also must be reported under the correct CE provider. Click here to see the full list of BOD-approved CE providers.
7. Pro Bono Hours. To receive credit for pro bono dental services, the services must have been for the indigent residing in Florida (1 CE credit equals 1 hour of service). Only 7 hours of pro bono services can go toward your license renewal. If you volunteered at the 2017 Florida Mission of Mercy, an email was sent to you on how to report your service hours to CE Broker.
8. Free CE Broker Account. If you have the free CE Broker account, you must keep track of the CE courses you have taken and what you need for renewal. CE Broker will not keep track of what CE courses you are missing unless you have the professional or concierge accounts.
9. FDC Credit is Reported for You! CE credit for courses taken at FDC2016 or FDC2017, except for NC courses, have been reported to CE Broker on your behalf.
10. CE Broker App. If you upload CE courses on the CE Broker app, you must log out and then back into the app for the credit to show. The credits will not show up automatically or by refreshing the page.
For more information on the renewal process, CE Broker or FDA online CE, or courses taken at the 2016 or 2017 conventions, contact the Florida Dental Association at 800.877.9922 or firstname.lastname@example.org.